Saturday 15 January 2011

Found Object, current project


Project brief for the spring semester should have been called 'Everyday Object' instead of 'Found Object', mainly because my class didn't get to find the object ourselves, we were to pick from a selection given to us by our tutors. The objective is to reinvent a mundane object into something of aesthetic value. I chose a cigarette lighter because it had text on it, flammable liquids I could play with, and bits I could take apart. Within the first week the only starting point I have is the shapes the components make when put under a bright light, I've cut them out in metal, and had a go on Photo shop to make either pattern for a screen print or a lazercut. I haven't done very much but I'm quite exited at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment